Here are 10 Helpful Tips to Immediately Reduce Your Water Damage
- If it is safe to do so, turn off power outlets and electric appliances in or near flooded areas. Don’t handle any electric devices while standing in the water damaged area.
- Make sure that the water source is isolated or turned off, i.e. water main.
- Remove anything on the wet floor, including wet rugs.
- Remove books and other paper products from the source of water right away.
- Try to mop up as much water as possible.
- Move pictures and artwork into a dry area.
- Move furniture out of the affected areas or prop up on blocks.
- Stand wet furniture cushions on end for even drying.
- Open drawers and closet doors so they can dry out faster.
- Wipe down wet furniture to get rid of the excess moisture.
Water Damage Minneapolis™ is ready to come to your rescue!
Call 763-242-2103 now.